Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!!  I love to spend time with family!     My family is a very important part of my life!  Friday evening Ali and I went to my cousin Amanda's wedding rehearsal.  It was so much fun to take photos of the soon to be bride and groom.  Saturday was the big day….their wedding!  Amanda was the most beautiful bride!  Not only that, but I got to spend time with aunts, uncles, niece, nephews, cousins, my sis, bro-in-law, my parents, and of course my husband and daughter!  It was a great time!  I hadn’t been to a wedding….except mine!...in many years. 



I should tell you a little about my wedding!  Richie and I chose to get married June 5, 2010.  We had to wait until school was out and we had a little time.  We thought early  June would be decent weather, since we wanted to get married outside.  HA!  It was over 100° the day we got married!  Imagine…tuxes, big dresses, and the heat!  It was pretty miserable!  The day was wonderful, just the temperature was miserable!  We had decided to get married at Caplinger Mills, Missouri, because this is where Richie had proposed; and this was a place that we enjoy to spend time as a family.  Richie and I got up bright and early the day of our wedding and went to Caplinger Mills to set up the tables and chairs under the tent, and decorate everything.  By the time the guests arrived, I was already zonked!  This is why it was so nice to go to a wedding and just sit back and enjoy it!! 


Sunday, I wrapped up my cake order (you can see all the pictures of this cake and more in my Cake Creations tab) and then went to visit my in-laws.  They are wonderful people; I am very thankful that they are part of my life!!  My mother-in-law had surgery last week, so I am hoping for a speedy recovery for her!  Please keep her in your thoughts! 


I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!!  J 

No comments:

Post a Comment