Monday, May 18, 2015

Be Yourself!!!

As you well know...I have a teenager!  I don't possibly think I am old enough to be a parent of a teenager, but I am.  Teenagers are vicious creatures!  They are usually the meanest to each other.  What really gets me....when an adult is the culprit of evil!
My daughter wanted her hair cut.  She wanted a trendy style, that she'd seen on tv, the internet, and on others.  So...I thought, it's just hair, I don't care.  It will always grow back.  Last night when we got home from our weekend getaway...I shaved the side of her head.  She's a sassy little teen girl, so it fits her personality well!  It looks super cute on her too!

Now...I tell my mom, that I cut her hair, and tell her how...she flips out.  She has preceded to make Ali feel bad/sad for wanting her hair like that!  Why would you make a child feel bad for wanting a certain hair style?  You don't have to do it to your hair, you don't even have to like it, but don't try to make her feel bad for doing it...  Of course, she yelled at me and told me I shouldn't have done that, or even let her.  URGH!!!!  



This is right after I finished.  She clearly loves it....look at that smile on her face!  

She is always so excited that I let her be herself!


I think that letting her be herself...just helps her express herself!  She doesn't care what people think (except her parents and grandparents obviously)!  So now, she's feeling bad for her choice....





Here's a shot with the hair down!  

I told you she had sas!  ;) 

I love this girl so much!!  
So...any thoughts or opinions??  Am I just crazy for letting her be herself?  


1 comment:

  1. That smile says it all! This will be a great picture to show her own grandkids some day!

    ReplyDelete