Monday, May 18, 2015

Run Like a Diva

I'm going to follow up my mad, sad, frustrated post, with a happy post!!  

Ali loves doing 5K's!  Last year she did quite a few of them.  This year, we've only managed to get her signed up for 1 so far, but she was awesome!!!

Yesterday she participated in the Diva's 5K in Branson.  Ali did this same race last year, and she had fun!  Plus, it's always fun to get away to Branson! ;)  Last year, my mom had said she wanted to join Ali for a fun, girly 5K....so we signed her and Ali up together!  




 Here's their before pictures!  Aren't they cute? 
By the way....I think that's my mom's first ever duck face!  ha!

They had planned to walk the 5K together!  They  went down and when they race started, they "jogged" together.  Ali noticed that my mom was falling behind her, so she turned and was going to stop and wait for her to catch up, so they could walk.  When Ali turned to my mom, Mom told her not to wait.  She didn't want to hold her back.  So my darling Ali, who has NEVER ran much, decided she was going to run the entire 5K!  I was like....what!!  

Anyway...we got down to the finish line, thinking we had plenty of time to watch for them to come in, only to turn to the right, and Ali had already finished!  She ran the 3.2 miles in 39 minutes and 15 seconds!  I was so proud of my girl!!!!  

It was time to watch for mom then!!  My mom had never done a 5K!  So...I was excited to watch for her!

 
Here's both of them after they had finished.



Here's my momma getting her medal and the fireman hunk that gave it to her!  

WAY TO GO MOM!!!  WAY TO GO ALI!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment