Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Our Failing Education System

When did athletics become more important than academics? This has been bothering me for some time now.  I get that athletics are important to some, heck my daughter loves her sports!  But our tax dollars are to fund schools, to teach kids! Math. Science. English. History. Art. Music. And, yes athletics.  But why is it acceptable to get rid of an excellent teacher to hire a coach?

Someone near and dear to my family has been replaced, because the school needed a coach! Would they ever admit to that? NO! But it's quite apparent! A certified English teacher, replaced with a pe teacher, to teach English! Tell me he wasn't hired to coach!

It's frustrating! I'm not saying he isn't a good teacher, or won't be great with the kids..... but I just don't see how they could justify this happening!

The replaced had never been written up, reprimanded, or had any negative interactions! She just wasn't a "good fit"!  It's a joke!  The students loved her! My daughter has actually been enjoying reading!

I definitely don't miss the politics of the school! The only thing I really miss at this point.... summer vacation!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment