Monday, November 7, 2011

Shutterfly House Party

I had an awesome weekend!!  My sweet lil’ girl performed at halftime of the SBU football game!  She did awesome!!  I am so proud of how hard she works, and that she doesn’t get scared to get up in front of thousands of people!!  The thought scares the hell out of me!  :/ 


















Saturday night, after her performance, I had a houseful of great friends!!  I had invited them all over for a Shutterfly House Party!  Everyone came over and started making a photo book.  I had applied online through houseparty.com, and was selected to host this party!  It was my first time ever applying, and I got selected.  I felt pretty special…especially since I am addicted to making Shutterfly photo books!!!  This party was especially fun!  Each person got to make an 8” x 8” photo book and 10 photo cards FREE!!  You know that I love free stuff!  I also got the same freebies as everyone at my party!    

What made the party even more fun was the yummy food and drinks!  When I first found out that I was hosting, I began thinking about what I could fix to eat that everyone would enjoy…  I decided that I would make my favorite dips (Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party dip and Spinach Herb dip)!! YUMMY!  Then I thought a veggie tray would accommodate all those who may be on a health kick…lol!  And last but not least, I decided to use all my partygoers as guinea pigs to try my cupcakes.  I bet that really disappointed them…don’t you think??  We also had a meat/cheese tray and of course the variety of beverages! 



I have to share the variety of cupcakes… I knew I needed some simple ones, just in case someone really doesn’t like to experiment, so I made a white with buttercream and chocolate with chocolate buttercream.  Then I wanted to try some things that I had not tried before.  First up, peppermint!  I used a white cupcake, put in a couple drops of red food coloring (which didn’t work quite as well as I had hoped), then covered with peppermint flavored buttercream and adorned with a small candy cane and sugar sprinkles.  Next, I wanted to try my friend Misty’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcake…It was a HIT!  It was a chocolate cupcake with a piece of cookie dough inside.  Then it was covered with buttercream and topped with a small chocolate chip cookie!  Then, Cookies n’ Cream Cupcakes…A chocolate cupcake with an oreo at the bottom, covered with buttercream with oreos blended in, and topped with an oreo of course!  The next cupcake was a Reese’s cupcake.  I used a chocolate cupcake, topped with peanut butter buttercream, and decorated with a mini Reese’s.  Lastly…I knew we needed something with cream cheese icing.  So, I decided on a carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese icing!  Delicious!  All in all…I made 6 DOZEN cupcakes!  After everyone finished snacking and I sent some home with others…I am down to less than ½ dozen!  I had a lot of great compliments, and boy does that make a girl’s day!!!!  Thanks to all my great friends!!   














Now I can FINISH decorating for Christmas!!  Yes…. I have already started!  

3 comments:

  1. You're cupcakes look amazing! So professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, maybe sometime we could get together so you can critique them!!?!?

    ReplyDelete