Friday, November 11, 2016

Election 2016

WOW!  Oh my god!  Did that really just happen?

Okay, so I'm obviously a Liberal.  I'm a blue.  In a giant sea of red.  You might be too...or you might not.  It doesn't make me care any less about you!

I've taken a few days to process this....and I still am shocked!  I honestly thought, she had this election in the bag!  I thought there was ZERO chance for DJT to get elected!

Then, the election happened.

I honestly have never felt so empty, so lost over something that I don't have sole control over!  I mean, I voted.  I did my part.  I knew that I was not going to change the outcome of my red state, but I still voted.  I was the majority!

Then, there is the horror of Facebook.  Every time I look at it, there is someone mocking those who are distraught.  They are telling us to get over it.  Deal with it.  WELL I DON'T WANT TO!  I am NOT a "Libtard" as they say!  I am a very well educated woman.  I do my research, I know my values.  And I vote based on that!  Truthfully, I don't vote a straight ticket even.

To those who think that we are "over reacting"...please understand.  I have watched you mock our current POTUS for the last 8 years.  You think he needs to be gone.  You think he's done nothing helpful.  I have said NOTHING to you.  I haven't told you that you need to get over it.  Or that you need to deal with it.  I tolerated your ignorant memes.  I let you have your own pity party, for EIGHT whole years!

So please, give me my time to mourn.  Give those who want to march and protest their time.  Remember that a peaceful protest is protected by our US Constitution.  We have freedom of speech.  Just like you!

In the end, we all have to hope that our President elect has the best interests of our country at heart.  That he truly wants to make things better.  I don't feel like he has to "Make America Great Again", because I feel like it's already great!  We live in the best country!  We have so many rights that are guaranteed by our Constitution.

My hopes are that he doesn't carry through with plans for mass deportations, banning Muslims, blocking abortions completely, ending all LGBT rights, and totally dismantling "Obamacare".   These things are where my fear and hurt come in.  These things will affect many people.  Hurt many people.  And we are all human beings.  We all have issues we need to deal with.  You are not to judge based on how one chooses to live their life.  If you don't agree with them, please remove yourself from their life.  But....please don't try to tell them or me how to live.



PS....Please treat your children how to act towards others!  The name calling, mocking, and straight up bullying based on political beliefs is ABSURD!  We are all free to believe what we choose! We all need to understand that there will be highs, and lows, and wins, and losses.  There will be mourning, sadness, joyfulness, and excitement for each political election.  Each child and adult will handle their emotions differently.  There is no need to instigate a reaction, name call, mock, or bully someone for their reactions.  Let them be.  We will all "get over it" in time.  We will accept that DJT is our POTUS, and we will survive.

Just know...that #imstillwithher

On a final note, a quote from Secretary Clinton's most remarkable concession speech:   And — and to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment